sabato, ottobre 19, 2013

Moments of Reflections: Drawings from the National Gallery 2013

Over the last 10 months I got used to visit the National Gallery in London as an exercise for my eye, hand and mind. Once or twice a week I would go there with my sketchbook to make some personal drawings inspired by the art collection.   
I would take these weekly visits like a reflection about the way the Old Masters painted certain moments of our history, plus like a new reflection of the act of drawing it self.
Love, scorn, passion, faith, war, peace, despair, happiness, or unfaithfulness are just some of the themes that give shape to this new series of drawings.
During the creative process that led me to generate this new work I used the great stories from the past to speak about concepts that I could not photograph or film.

 Francesco Bartoli 2013
 Francesco Bartoli 2013
Francesco Bartoli 2013 
 Francesco Bartoli 2013
 Francesco Bartoli 2013
 Francesco Bartoli 2013
 Francesco Bartoli 2013
 Francesco Bartoli 2013
Francesco Bartoli 2013
My drawings are often the outcomes of my reflection about real issues mixed with my own memories, dreams o fantasy.
The complete series is composed by 22 drawings (30x22) on paper using oil pastel and pencil.